Hey, pretty girl!
Phew, finals are over. I am prepared beyond belief for six weeks without school! First semester of college has taught me a lot. These last four months have been chaotic and I wouldn’t know where to begin…so I compiled some of the life lessons I’ve picked up on.
25 Things I’ve Learned during First-Semester
- I should’ve appreciated welcome week and not having classes more. Like a lot more.
- Having a randomly assigned roommate was the best decision I ever made – luv u so much Olivia.
- College can turn even the most organized person into a procrastinator.
- The dining hall loses its pizazz after like week two, but eating is important so don’t skip meals.
- Don’t stay friends with just your high school friends. It is so much fun to have two different friend groups that can come together.
- Waking up before 7 am is now impossible.
- Take advantage of the on-campus/off-campus activities. You pay for those with student activity fee money!!
- Frat parties are not like the movies but still fun??? (idk yet I’m debating on that one).
- Communal bathrooms are not that bad. Except when you have to squat in the shower or someone threw up or a girl flushed their shirt down the toilet…ok yeah…it’s not good either.
- Getting involved on campus can connect you with some pretty awesome people who you wouldn’t be friends with otherwise (freshman class cohort > everything).
- Going home is weird and my bed is more comfortable at my dorm.
- Don’t download dating apps.
- On second thought…do download them (you’ll have some good stories).
- On a related note, public first dates!!! I cannot emphasize that enough.
- Repeating number 1 because it’s important – I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF WELCOME WEEK.
- After fall break time just moves quicker. No, I do not know why.
- Coffee either occurs all day for a week straight or you forget what it tastes like – there is no in between.
- The CASINO on a Monday night – that’s all I got on that one.
- Going to the gym is no longer to get fit. It is purely to avoid other responsibilities.
- I shouldn’t have wasted so much money on uber and uber eats….
- The entire boy’s dorm building has a weird smell…
- Roll Toms sounds better on the tongue than Ski U Mah.
- Yeah, counseling is “available.” But like…your crippling mental health can wait until spring semester though! We will put you on the wait list!!
- Finals week has no rules. PJ’s to class? Acceptable. Running on pure coffee? Not just acceptable, but you’re THRIVING.
- End the semester the way you started it. Even if that’s chaotically walking to the Mississippi River at 1 am to look at stars.
With Love, Marin